Through all the little trials we face each day, motherhood is still the greatest. It is what we were born for!
Above Rubies Daily Encouragement Blogs
Through the weekly and daily devotionals you can be constantly encouraged in your great role of parenting, the highest career in the nation. You can also stay updated on what's happening with the Above Rubies ministry.
Strengthening Families Across the World through the encouragement of women in their high calling from God as wives, mothers and homemakers.
It has always grieved me when I hear people say they are angry with God. Really? Who do we think we are to be mad at Him? He is the God of the universe, the Creator of the world and we ourselves, the God who judges righteously and perfectly, the God who loves us with an everlasting love, the God who is working everything out for our good even when we can't see it, and the God who sent His only Beloved Son to die and save us from our sins,
Romans 9:20 (NLT) asks the question: "Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God?"
Give up your contest with God. It takes too much energy. It is much easier to yield to His will and trust Him in whatever you are going through. Surrender. Lay on His breast and let Him quiet your spirit just as a babe is quietened at his mother's breast.
Although you cannot see it, God is working everything out for good. And no matter what you have suffered, God is able to heal your broken heart. He is the great healer and restorer. But He waits for you to come, give up all resistance, and rest in His love.
Blessings from Nancy Campbell
Have you miscarried or know someone who has? You will be blessed and comforted by this beautiful poem from Ashley Plourd
IN HIS ARMS
My dearest little baby, my dearest little flower,
The time of your departing, was my darkest hour.
I longed to see and touch you, I longed to hold you close,
I dreamed of counting fingers, and all your little toes.
I dreamed of what we'd name you, and the joy that you would bring
To your brother and your sister, oh how they'd laugh and sing!
For there is nothing quite as precious as a brand new little life,
And nothing quite as empty, when it's takes eternal flight.
Others think I'm mourning over such a little thing,
"We'll have plenty more and our lives are still the same."
But what is greater than life? And what is deeper than its loss?
Is it not what Jesus gave us when He died upon the cross?
Life is the greatest of all gifts, life is the greatest of all joys,
Life is ever so much more than just another girl or boy.
And so our lives are NOT the same, they never will be again,
Because we'll never know or see, all that might have been.
If you had come into the world and lived life to the full,
Perhaps you would have stopped another shooting at a school,
Or maybe you would have been the one to find a cure for cancer,
Maybe you would have found that long and sought for answer.
Of course the Lord can still choose to use another way,
But maybe it would have been you, who on earth can say?
But no, they never stop to think of what you might have been,
As life is not highly regarded by our modern man.
They move on and they forget. The unborn never gets a thought,
They say things without thinking and crush a mother's heart.
It's amazing how you've changed me, and for that I have to smile,
I'll not soon forget the lessons I've learned through this great trial.
I'll use it for God's glory and to bring others comfort too,
It wouldn't be this way at all, if it hadn't been for you.
I'm so glad God gave me a glimpse, as painful as it's been,
For I see His unseen hand, and I trust His master plan.
I'm so glad you're in His arms, though I'd rather have you here,
But it won't be long until I'm there, holding you my little dear.
© Ashley Plourd
Dear Ladies, Here is your list of GOD'S 31 PROMISES TO THOSE WHO WALK IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD! Print them out so you will have them for reference, not only for yourself, but to share with your family. Once again, you can take one promise each day for the 31 days of the month. Blessings from Nancy
"A WOMAN THAT FEARS THE LORD, SHE SHALL BE PRAISED" (Proverbs 31:30).
1. You will be prepared for leadership (Exodus 18:21).
2. You will receive the Lord's protection (Job 1:9, 10; and Psalm 34:7).
3. You will receive honor (Psalm 15:4 and Proverbs 22:4)
4. You will receive wealth and riches (Psalm 112:1-3 and Proverbs 22:4). Your wealth and riches may be greater than material wealth.
5. God will confide in you and tell us His secrets (Psalm 25:14).
6. God's eye will be upon you (Psalm 33:18).
7. You will have no want (Psalm 34:9).
8. You will be delivered (2 Chronicles 17:39; Psalm 34:7; and 85:9).
9. God will show you His mercy (Psalm 103:11, 17; 118:4; and Luke 1:50).
10. God will have compassion on you (Psalm 103:13).
11. God will provide food for you (“He provides food for those who fear Him” (Psalm 111:5).
12. God will fulfill your desires (Psalm 145:19).
13. God will take pleasure in you (“The Lord delights in those who fear Him” Psalm 147:11).
14. God will bless you and your children (Exodus 1:21; Psalm 112:1, 2; 115:13, 14; Proverbs 14:26; 28:14; and Luke 1:50).
15. God will bless you with many children around your table (Psalm 128:3, 4).
16. God will accept you (Acts 13:26).
17. God will store up goodness for you (Psalm 31:19).
18. God will teach you in the way He has chosen for you (Psalm 25:12).
19. God will hear your cry and save you (Psalm 145:19).
20. God will prolong your days (Deuteronomy 6:2 and Proverbs 10:27: “The fear of the Lord adds length to life”).
21. God will give you strong confidence (Proverbs 14:26).
22. God will give you a fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27 and 19:23).
23. You will be satisfied (Proverbs 19:23).
24. You will not be visited with evil (Proverbs 19:23).
25. You will prosper (Psalm 128:1, 2 and Ecclesiastes 8:12).
26. Things will go well for you (Psalm 128:1, 2; Ecclesiastes 8:12).
27. You will be rewarded (Proverbs 13:13).
28. You will receive wisdom (Psalm 111:10; Proverbs 1:7; 9:10; and 15:33)
29. God will give you life and peace (Malachi 2:5).
30. God will write about you in His book of remembrance (Malachi 3:16).
31. God will come to you with healing in His wings (Malachi 4:2).
Hebrews 11:5 tells us that Enoch had the testimony "that he pleased God." Do you long to have this testimony too? I do. What a great way to start the day praying, "Dear Father, help me to please you in everything I do today. Help me to please you as I mother my precious children. I want every thought to be pleasing to you. I want every word I speak to please you. Please help me by the power of your Holy Spirit, Amen."
We cannot please God with our own works of the flesh; only that which we do in the anointing of the Holy Spirit. We only please Him as everything we offer to Him is in righteousness. Sometimes we have to let the Holy Spirit do some purging and cleansing in our lives too, or we certainly won't be pleasing the heart of our Father.
In Malachi 3:2-5 we read how the offerings were only pleasing to the Lord after He had purged and purified the people. Look up the passage and read it.
Let's live lives that are pure and pleasing to Him today.
Blessings from Nancy Campbell