How To Pray For Our Children!
The following are the prayers that my husband and I pray for our children and their spouses, our grandchildren, greatgrandchildren, and generations to come. We pray personally by name for each one. We do not pray for every one of these requests every day, but pray for different ones each day as the Holy Spirit directs.
I have printed out the following for myself, covered with plastic. Many times I like to lay it upon my heart as I am praying for our children so God can see the longings and requests I have for each one as we bring their names before Him in prayer.
You may like to copy and print this out, too, to have as a guide in praying for your children. At certain times, you may like to look up the Scriptures and pray the Scriptures OUT LOUD before the Lord for your children. This is a very powerful way to pray for your children.
“Oh God, hear our cry for our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren,
and the children who are yet to be born. We pray…
- That they will have a real born again experience and come to know God personally (John 1:12-13; 3:3; 2 Timothy 3:15 and Revelation 3:20).
- That they will have soft and tender hearts to hear and obey the voice of the Lord (1 Samuel 3:10; Isaiah 57:15 and 66:2).
- That they will walk humbly before the Lord (Micah 6:8 and 1 Peter 5:5-6).
- That they will love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30).
- That they will love to read and meditate on God's Word and will receive revelation and insight as they read (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:9, 11, 18, 97, 105, 130; Ephesians 1:17-18; Colossians 3:16 and1 Peter 2:2).
- That they will love to pray and be committed to prayer (2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 55:17; Luke 18:1 and 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- That they will be committed to the regular gathering together of God’s people (Hebrews 10:25).
- That they will love righteousness and hate evil (Psalm 97:10; 101:3; Amos 5:15 and Romans 12:9).
- That they will stand strong against the wiles of the devil and never compromise (Ephesians 5:11; 6:13-14 and 1 Peter 5:8-9).
- That they will hate the spirit of this world and not give in to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:15-17; Romans 12:2 and James 4:4).
- That they will hate lies and deception and seek after truth (Psalm 51:6; 119:30,163; Proverbs 12:22; 13:5 and 19:9).
- That they will shine as lights in this dark and deceived world (Isaiah 60:1-2; Matthew 5:16; John 17:18 and Philippians 2:15).
- That they will understand true justice and have discernment regarding good and evil, the holy and the profane (Leviticus 10:10; Isaiah 59:14-15; Jeremiah 15:19 and Ezekiel 22:26).
- That they will seek God with all their hearts (Psalm 27:8; 105:4; 119:2; Proverbs 28:5 and Zephaniah 2:3).
- That they will keep their whole spirit, soul, and body pure and blameless for the Lord (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
- That they will keep themselves from evil (1 Chronicles 4:10; John 17:15-16).
- That their faith will not fail (Luke 22:32).
- That God will pour out His Holy Spirit upon them mightily (Isaiah 44:3-4 and Acts 2:16-18).
- That they will become laborers in God's harvest field (Matthew 97-38).
- That they will keep themselves pure and holy (body, soul, and spirit) for the man/woman that God has chosen for them. (Romans 6:12-13; 1 Corinthians 6:15-20 and 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4).
- That God will even now prepare for them a godly wife/husband who will be committed and faithful to the marriage to the end of their lives (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
- That they will love and embrace children and establish a godly home (Genesis 1:28; Deuteronomy 7:13; Psalm 127 and 128 and Malachi 2:15).
- That God will keep them from accident, harm, sickness, danger, and all enemy attack--physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually (Psalm 91).
Prepared by Nancy Campbell