HOW DO WE LIVE?
"Resist the devil, and he will flee from you"
In our last devotion we read the ways God wants us to positively live for Him in the midst of this depraved world. Today, we read the Scriptures where He tells us explicitly what our reaction should be to the evil around us. Once again, we are not left in the dark about what God wants us to do. He does not want us to tolerate evil but to turn from it. He does not want us to make friends with it but to fight it.
Jesus Christ came into this world to "destroy the works of the devil." Jesus now lives in us by the power of His Holy Spirit and He still has the same mandate to destroy the devil's works. We do not give one inch to the devil. Instead, in the name of Jesus Christ and in the power of prayer, we destroy his works. Make time to look up the Scriptures as you check out the following 21 points.
1. Abhor evil (Romans 12:9).
2. Abstain from all appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22).
4. Abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul (1 Peter 2:11).
5. Cast down imaginations and every lofty opinion raised against God (2 Corinthians 10:5).
6. Cast off the works of darkness (Romans 13:12).
7. Deny ungodliness and worldly lusts (Titus 2;12).
8. Depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19).
9. Do not allow sin to be named amongst us (Ephesians 5:3-5).
10. Do not be conformed to this world system (Romans 12:2).
11. Do not be friends with the world (John 15:19 and James 4:4).
12. Do not get entangled with the affairs of this world (2 Timothy 2:4).
13. Do not have fellowship with the works of darkness (2 Corinthians 6:14-16 and Ephesians 5:11).
14. Do not love the world or the things in the world (1 John 2:15, 16).
15. Do not partake of sin (Ephesians 5:7).
16. Flee from sexual immorality (Acts 15:10, 29; 1 Corinthians 6:18; and 1 Thessalonians 4:3).
17. Lay aside every weight and sin (Hebrews 12:1).
18. Mortify the deeds of the flesh (Romans 8:13 and Colossians 3:5).
19. Put off the flesh, the old man (Ephesians 4:22-24, 31 and Colossians 3:8).
20. Resist the devil (Ephesians 4:27; 6:13 and James 4:7).
21. Separate from all that is unclean (2 Corinthians 6:17, 18).
22. Stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 13, 14).
Blessings from Nancy Campbell
"I thank you, dear Lord Jesus, that You died on the cross to deliver me from the power of this evil world. I know I cannot oppose evil in my own strength, but only in the power of Your name and the power of Your Spirit who dwells within me. Give me strength to not yield to my flesh, but to the power of Your Spirit. Amen."
In the power of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I denounce all sin and deception that would lure its way into my heart and my home.