4) THE ARK OF THE COVENANT OF THE LORD OF ALL THE EARTH (Joshua 3:11). What an amazing name for the ark of the covenant. The blessings of this ark are not only for Israel, but for everyone on the whole earth.
God places His ark throne in the midst of His people so He can reign through His people over all the nations of the earth.
Joshua 3:13 states: “And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear THE ARK OF THE LORD, THE LORD OF ALL THE EARTH, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above: and they shall stand upon an heap.”
Joshua 4:24: “That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God forever.”
Although the ark of the covenant had a special relationship with Israel as God’s chosen people, it was for the nations of the whole earth. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob chose Israel, and Mt. Zion which is situated in the center of the earth, to set up His ark throne. Not only would His ark throne rule Israel, but in the set time govern the whole earth.
Isaiah 2:2-4: “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it.
“And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
“And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”
All the truths and revelation of the tabernacle teaching find its fulfilment in the person of Jesus Christ.
* He is the Lamb of God, slain upon the brazen altar.
* He is the Word into whose name we are baptized at the brazen laver, representing baptism.
* He is the Light of the world, represented by the golden lampstand.
* He is the Bread on the table of shewbread, who feeds not only the twelve tribes of Israel, but also His living Word to all believers throughout the whole earth.
* He is the Golden Altar of Incense and through His name all our prayers are made.
* Finally, He is our Ark and Mercy Seat, our propitiation which is covered with His precious blood.
Because He is the ARK OF THE LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH He can save all who put their trust in Him—from every tribe, kindred, tongue, and nation.
Revelation 19:13, 15: “And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. . . And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
In Psalm 2:8 Father God tells His Son: “Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”
As praying people, we join Him in prayer for all nations.