Above Rubies Daily Encouragement Blogs
Through the weekly and daily devotionals you can be constantly encouraged in your great role of parenting, the highest career in the nation. You can also stay updated on what's happening with the Above Rubies ministry.
THE MERCY SEAT, No. 5. - THE BLOOD OF CHRIST ON THE MERCY SEAT IS MUCH MORE POWERFUL!
Hebrews 9:14: “How MUCH MORE shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”
We should be eternally grateful for the blood of Christ to cleanse and purge our deepest conscience, no matter how greatly it has been defiled, stained, hardened, and contaminated by our actions or thoughts. It should never cease to amaze us. It is only through the power of the blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all dead works that we can serve God with a clear and clean conscience.
All our service, to and for God, can only be acceptable to Him based on the blood of Jesus Christ. All our so called good works become dead works if we think they can save us and make us more acceptable to God. Perish the very thought!
The only good works that are acceptable to God are the good works based on the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus. The power of His blood purifies our hearts from all the boasting and pride of all the works done through the energy of our self-life. It is only the blood of Jesus that makes our works acceptable to God.
Nothing in my hands I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling.
• It is not how much more good works we have done; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER there is in the blood of Jesus.
• It is not how much more knowledge of the Bible we have; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER that is in His blood.
• It is not how much more sacrifice we have made, even to the laying down of our lives; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER that is in His blood.
• It is not how much more we have prayed; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER there is in the blood of Christ.
• It is not how much more we have attended church; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER there is in His blood.
• It is not how much more gifted we may be than others; it is rather HOW MUCH MORE POWER is in the blood of Jesus.
There is power, power, wonder-working power,
In the precious blood of the Lamb.