It is true that we can give without loving, but we cannot love without giving. John 3:16 says: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
How you can give heart-felt love to your family and others who are part of your life?
1. Give your smiles of approval.
2. Lavish encouraging words.
3. Give sympathy.
4. Give advice and counsel.
5. Help and give support wherever possible.
6. Give fellowship, friendship, and time.
7. Give financial assistance when appropriate.
8. Organize trips and excursions (especially surprises!).
9. Give heart-felt affection.
10. Offer forgiveness freely.
11. Pray for your wife, children, and those who need your prayers.
12. Give your children good doses of God’s Word each day.
If God as a father gave His very best for us because He wanted us to become His own special sons and daughters, how can we not be like Him in our fatherhood?
Painting: “Testing the Waters” by New Zealand artist, Barry Ross Smith.