SO, YOU’RE HAVING A BABY!
How exciting! This is the most wonderful experience that can ever happen to you.
Check out what God says about you and your baby.
1. You have been VISITED BY GOD. Conception is a divine visitation. When Sarah conceived, the Bible tells us God visited her (Geneses 21:1). After Hannah dedicated Samuel to God and took him to the temple 1 Samuel 2:21 says that God visited Hannah and gave her five more children.
2. You are the receiver of a PRECIOUS GIFT from the hand of God. It is God who has begun the life of this child within you. It is His gift to you (Genesis 33:5; 1 Chronicles 25:5; Psalm 127:3 and Isaiah 8:18).
3. You are CHOSEN by God to nurture this child within your womb and bring it into the world. On God’s behalf, He has chosen you to prepare and mold this life for heaven (Malachi 2:15).
4. You are receiving a REWARD from the Lord (Psalm 127:3).
5. You are BLESSED with a gift that lasts for this life and for eternity. Your life will never be the same again (Genesis 1:22,28; 49:25; Deuteronomy 7:12-14; 28:4,11; 1 Chronicles 26:4-5; Psalm 112:1-2; 127:5 and 128:3-4).
6. You are the nurturer of a life that God is CREATING (Psalm 139:14-15.) Your womb is a sanctuary where God is “fearfully and wonderfully” and “intricately fashioning” a child who has never been created before and will never be created again. This precious child is unique. The only one of its kind in the history of the world! How amazing.
7. You are never forgotten for a moment. God CARES for your unborn baby. He has already written a book--planned and recorded every day of your child’s destiny (Psalm 139:16).
8. You have an ARROW in the making to furnish your quiver (Psalm 127:4). God has chosen you to be the one to polish and sharpen this arrow to accomplish great things for Him
9. You have a little OLIVE PLANT growing in your womb, who will one day bless and grace your table (Psalm 128:3).
10. You are FRUITFUL which is a result of God’s blessing. (Genesis 1:28; 9:1,7; Leviticus 26:3,9; Psalm 128:3—cf Genesis 17:6,20; 28:3 and 35:11).
11. You have within your womb a potential PROCLAIMER of God’s testimonies and ways (Psalm 78:5-7).
12. You are preparing a CROWN to give to your parents (Proverbs 17:6 and Ruth 4:14-17).
13. You are WELCOMING God Himself to your life (Matthew 18:1-6; 19:14 and Mark 9:36-37).
14. You are embarking on a GOD-HONORING LIFESTYLE (1 Timothy 5:9-10).
15. You will experience great JOY AND GLADNESS (Psalm 113:9 and Luke 1:14).
16. You can relax! God doesn’t expect you to keep up your usual pace now that you are nurturing His child. He promises to GENTLY LEAD you (Isaiah 40:11).
17. You carry an ETERNAL SOUL within your womb. You now embark on an eternal mission. All the possessions you spend time procuring on earth must one day be left behind. The only thing you take into eternity is your redeemed soul and the redeemed soul of your child and future children to come. Motherhood is an eternal career.
18. Above all else, you are being OBEDIENT, which invokes God’s blessing. (Genesis 1:28; 9:1,7; 1 Samuel 15:22; Psalm 112:1,2 and 1 Timothy 5:14).
“He will love you, bless you, and multiply you;
He will also bless the fruit of your womb”